Saturday, January 22, 2011

Boys and Poop

The Truth About PoopImage via Wikipedia
I love when I find new perspectives on raising boys. Below is one from Thomas Matlack, the Men's Project.
http://www.babble.com/toddler/toddler-behavior-and-learning/raising-boys-fathers-parenting-advice/

Some of his thoughts are generalizations or relate to his family but he has some funny points. I have yet to find a mother with a son who is not fascinated by poop. I often hear, "Mom, I have a surprise for you". What is the surprise? Poop. I sit in the bathroom, sometimes with my laptop, because they want me to be a witness to the pooping. It is a big, darn deal for them! They want me to smell it and hear the sounds. I blame myself for making such a big deal about it the first month or so that they finally became potty trained. One day, I will appropriately say, "Son, pooping is private and no one should be in the bathroom with you." Or "Sweetie, please do not discuss poop at the dinner table." For now, I just sit on the bathroom floor and smile. Is this one of the moments that I will miss when they get older?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips