Thursday, February 24, 2011

Breast milk ice cream, anyone?

Two samples of human breast milk.                          Wikipedia
Having nursed 3 boys for over a year each, I am a huge fan of breast milk. However, I have to admit that the idea of sharing the milk with others give me pause. I applaud mothers who are willing to share their milk and  mothers who value breast milk enough to give their babies donated milk.  Many think of breast milk as just"bodily fluid". Maybe, the best way to open minds and hearts about sharing milk is to think of breast milk as what is - FOOD.

A company in London is taking sharing to a new level by adding breast milk to ice cream! I won't be first in line to try this new ice cream however, I would be interested in hearing comments from folks who would be open-minded enough to give it a try.
BBC News - Breast milk ice cream goes on sale in Covent Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips