Saturday, July 9, 2011

My First Blog Award!

My blog BoysRising received its first blog award! It has taken me a few weeks to respond but it is never too late to say Thanks! Thank you to Karen Pokras Toz for recognizing BoysRising. Sometimes, as a writer, you wonder if anyone is reading, so it is nice to know that someone not only reads but enjoys the content.  Please check out Karen's blog at Karen Pokras Toz, especially her weekly summaries. Karen suggests sharing 7 things about myself, so here we go.
A few weeks ago, I wrote an article entitled, 25 + 5 things about me, so it was easy to borrow my 7 favorites. 

My dream trip is 2 weeks in Italy. I plan to go in 3 years when my youngest son is 5. 

My happiest days are spent at the beach. 

The best gift that I have ever received came from my Mama, Ms. Linett and it’s the belief in God. May she rest in peace, knowing that she is love and remembered.

My thyroid hates me and I feel the same way about it. However, having a thyroid goiter has taught me the true meaning of both inner and outer beauty.

My kids have turned me into an emotional being. When I was pregnant, commercials would make me cry. Goodbye Dr. Spock.

Never thought that I would say this but I LOVE being surrounded by men! Three boys, a husband and a male cat equals a great life.

My favorite slogans are “Live and let live!” “First, do no harm”, “Stand for Something” and “Love Your Neighbor.”

I'm going to pass this award along to a few blogs that I have recently discovered and love, love, love!


And of course... http://kptoz.blogspot.com/

So below is what I've taken from Karen's website on what to do next if you are an awardee.
  1. Thank the person who gave you the award by linking back to them in your post
  2. Tell us 7 things about yourself
  3. Award a few recently discovered bloggers
  4. Contact those bloggers and let them in on the exciting news!

If you are one of my favorite readers, please check them out and pass on the love by sharing this page! Have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your First Blog Award!! Good Job!!

    I am an new follower (gfc) and twitter as CandidaJourney.
    I am looking for blogs who want to interact instead of just having blind followers. Hope you can stop by and say hello!!

    My Journey With Candida Blog
    http://myjourneywithcandida.blogspot.com/

    CandidaJourney On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/#!/CandidaJourney

    My Journey With Candida on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Journey-With-Candida/153238551352990

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips