Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A second chance at childhood fun

I had a wonderful childhood, having had the good fortune to grow up in a place when people loved and trusted each other. I ran free, played with friends for hours in our yard, ate fruit directly from the tree, and played hopscotch with friends. I am not sure when it happened but life took a serious turn and became about doing and saying the right things, working hard, and achieving.  What happened to the joy of playing just to have fun and with no agenda?  Then came kids. They can roll on the ground without being embarrassed; they can laugh without checking to see if someone is laughing with them; they can laugh at the same joke a hundred times; they laugh from deep inside the belly. For kids, play is just as important as everything else in life.  Yesterday, it dawned on me that I am having as much fun as I did as a kid, if not more. I play peek-a-boo with the boys over and over and over again and it never gets old. I have seen the movie cars at least a hundred times. I get to visit Elmo  and play in Legoland. I sing along to all the songs on Nick Jr.  How awesome is it to go to work and then run home to play ring around the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips